There’s been a lot of complaints from Blackberry owners about the lack of being able to update a Facebook Fan Page from the Blackberry Facebook App – and rightly so! However, there is a way to update your Facebook Fan Page from any mobile device, including the Blackberry, via your exclusive Facebook Fan Page email address.
Most people don’t realize that their Facebook Fan Page has a unique email address. This email address is created specifically for your Facebook Fan Page, and like I said, it allows you to easily update your Fan Page from any mobile device!
Here’s how to update your Facebook Fan Page from any mobile device:
1) Click “Edit Page” directly under your Facebook Fan Page profile picture
2) Go down to your “Mobile” settings (should be 3rd section down) and click “Edit”.
** If you haven’t yet registered your mobile phone with your Facebook Fan Page, then first follow the steps of setting up your mobile phone.
3) Once you click “Edit” in the Mobile section, you’ll then see your Facebook Fan Page’s exclusive email address.
From the Facebook team, here’s how the “email to update Facebook Fan Page” function works:
- This is a secret email just for your Page – don’t share it with anyone except other admins of this Page.
- The email subject will be used as the caption of your photo or video if your email contains photo or video.
- The email subject will be used as your updated status if your email contains no photo or video.
- Save your upload email as a contact for easy access.
And that’s it – simply send your update via your exclusive Facebook Fan Page email from any mobile device, including your Blackberry, and you’ll then be updating your Facebook Fan Page!
If you have any questions, please post them in the comments below.