Man Eats 28 Raw Eggs, Dies

Dhaou Fatnassi, a 20-year-old North African man from Tunisia, died this week after consuming 28 raw eggs. The now-deceased man ate the eggs in an attempt to win a bet. The man’s friends wanted to see how many eggs the man could eat in a single sitting.

Man-eats-28-raw-eggs-dies

An official report has yet to be released indicating the exact reason for the man’s death, though it is clear that the eggs played a role in facilitating the killing blow. Police are currently investigating the event to see if foul play was involved.

For the record, Fatnassi did in fact win the bet with his friends, but immediately following the celebrations Fatnassi complained of stomach issues. He was then taken to the hospital, only to be pronounced dead on arrival.

“Doctors were called in after the young man felt strong stomach pains, but he died before medical assistance could reach him,” said Tunisia’s Shems FM radio station.

A man eating 28 raw eggs and dying has since sparked arguments across the Internet as to what exactly caused the man to die. Some believe eating raw eggs is harmless, while others claim it is a dangerous line to walk.

“The main concern is that raw eggs could contain a bacteria known as Salmonella enteritidis which is known to cause food poisoning,” writes HealthMad. “Statistics show that only about one in thirty thousand eggs contain this bacteria, but there’s no way to tell by looking at it whether you have a ‘bad egg.’”

In 2007, Jennifer Strange, 28, passed away following a radio competition to drink as much water as possible without urinating. She died of water intoxication.

In October of this year, a Florida man died after cockroaches and worms became lodged in his windpipe. The man was competing in a bug eating contest.