Dispite all the hype last week about the Apple iPad news conference and debut, Google has been working diligently behind the scenes with their own tablet concept that will run off the Chrome OS (operating system).
Here’s a video showing the Google Chrome OS UI for Tablets:
Here are some of the specs that are being considered for a Chrome OS driven tablet device:
- Keyboard interaction with the screen: anchored, split, attached to focus.
- Launchers as an overlay, providing touch or search as means to access web sites.
- Contextual actions triggered via dwell.
- Zooming UI for multiple tabs
- Tabs presented along the side of the screen (see Side tabs)
- Creating multiple browsers on screen using a launcher
And here are a series of pictures released from Google’s Chromium blog: