To celebrate the latest accomplishments of inventing a whole new paradigm in personal computing with the iPad, and just becoming the most valuable publicly traded company in history, Apple is looking to build a new campus in Cupertino, California. And the new campus design looks basically like a UFO.
According to the Cupertino City Council’s website, Apple Inc. has submitted a development proposal for their new Apple Campus 2 on a 175 acre area bounded by I-280 to the south, Wolfe Road to the west, Homestead Road to the north and North Tantau Avenue to the east.
The proposal includes:
- An Office, Research and Development Building comprising approximately 2.8 million square feet;
- A 1,000 seat Corporate Auditorium;
- A Corporate Fitness Center;
- Research Facilities comprising approximately 300,000 square feet;
- A Central Plant; and
- Associated Parking.
Cupertino’s review process will consist of:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (including traffic, noise, air quality, etc.) during which there will be opportunity for public comment
- Development review
- Public hearings at the Planning Commission and the City Council
Alright, now for the good stuff. Check out the two design layouts for the proposed new Apple campus:
Leave a Reply