If your iPad or iPhone has no service you should follow these steps.
What to do if your iPhone has no service
Firstly, you should check your coverage area.
Make sure that you are in an area with cellular network coverage. Later, to turn cellular data on or off, go to Settings and tap on Cellular or Mobile Data.
If you are traveling internationally, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. You have to fo to Settings, hit Cellular, then Cellular Data Options and lastly Data Roaming.
Furthermore, you can restart your iPad or iPhone if there is no service.
To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings, then go to General and then to About. If an update is available, you will see an option to update your carrier settings.
- To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings, then General and lastly ap on About and look next to Carrier.
Inserting a new SIM card and Apple support
Additionally, if you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.
Another way is to take out the SIM card.
After removing the SIM card, put it back in. You might need to contact your carrier:
- If the SIM card is damaged, or does not fit in the SIM tray, ask your carrier for a new SIM card.
- If you transferred your SIM card from another device, ask your carrier if your SIM card works with your iPhone or iPad.
You can also update your network settings.
This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
Moreover, update your iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS.
If none of this works, contact your carrier. Issues with your carrier or account might affect your service.
Contact your carrier to:
- Verify that your account is active and in good standing.
- Make sure there are no outages in your area.
- Check that your device isn’t blocked from receiving cellular services and is set up with the right data plan
If your carrier confirms that there is no issue with your account or network, but you still cannot connect to a cellular network, contact Apple Support.