** NOTE: To add only one admin to your Facebook Fan Page, you can read this article here.
I’ve been asked this question several times from clients:
“How do you add multiple admins (page administrators) to Facebook Fan Pages?”
I’m going to walk you through the very simple process of adding multiple admins to your Facebook Fan Page. There is no limit on the number of admins your page can have; however, at the end of my steps, I’m going to give you a couple things to consider when it comes to admins on Facebook Fan Pages.
Here’s how to add multiple admins to your Facebook Fan Pages:
1) In order to add an admin, the person must first be a “fan” of your Facebook Fan Page. So step 1 would be ensuring that whomever you desire to be an admin, make sure they go ahead and become a fan by click the “Become a Fan” button at the top of your Fan Page.
2) Click “See All” link that is right above your list of fans. This is the link so that you can see all of your page’s fans.
3) Once your list of fans opens, you will then see the box called “Make Admin” to the right of each person’s name. Go through your list of fans and chose whom you’d like to be a page admin.
4) Once someone is a Facebook Fan Page Admin, they will be able to access the page, and make broadcast updates, implement changes to the page, and remove fans from the page.
*** Here’s some things to consider about having page admins:
* (SEE A SOLUTION TO THIS BELOW) Let’s say you made me an admin to your page. If I came to your page and made a comment, or “liked/disliked” something, or engaged in a conversation with someone, you wouldn’t see my Facebook Profile (personal profile) image next to all of my updates – you would see the image to your Fan Page.
This means that admins on a fan page can only interact as the fan page, not as their personal Facebook profile – meaning their personal profile image won’t show, only the Facebook Fan Page image.
* Facebook Fan Page Admins have the ability to remove fans from a page. So be careful in whom you chose to be an admin as they may be biased and remove fans causing you to have less of a viral marketing effect with your broadcast messages.
* Facebook Page Admins have the ability to make other fans admins as well. Again, be careful whom you chose considering that whoever is a Page Admin, could always make any other fan a page admin as well.
* Finally, one way we’ve worked effectively with multiple Facebook Fan Page admins is by having the admin add a “Hi, ****** here…” and then proceed with the update.
Again, since page admins aren’t able to communiciate as their individual / personal Facebook profile, adding this “Hi, this is ****” or something like that, to the beginning of your update on the Fan Page will help all of your fans keep straight who they are communicating with.
Any questions about Facebook Fan Pages, coaching, or consulting, don’t hesitate to give me a call at 706-363-0335 (my name is Robert).
Leave a Reply