Rock The Bells, 2010 Lineup for Rock The Bells (Image, Video)
Last night (May 24th), the Rock The Bells 2010 lineup was presented, and the 7th annual Rock The Bells 2010 was announced at a launch party in Key Club in West Hollywood, California.
MySpace is one of the primary sponsors of Rock The Bells, and last night the Rock The Bells 2010 lineup was announced.
This year, the buzz rose to a crescendo as URB.com confidently rumored to the world that Lauryn Hill would be the crown headliner jewel for the festival series, in a long-form style concert, performing her multiple-Grammy winning album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill in it’s entirety. Also making the rumor rounds, talk of A Tribe Called Quest also sharing top-billing with the incomparable Ms. Hill.
- the famed summer Hip Hopfestival will also feature such as
- Virginia veterans The Clipse
- Pittsburgh’s Wiz Khalifa (DXnext alum)
- Alabama’s Yelawolf (DXnext alum)
- Minneapolis’ Brother Ali
- Paid Dues founder Murs and partner 9th Wonder
- Harlem’s Immortal Technique
- Philadelphia’s Jedi Mind Tricks
- Th Bay-meets-Los Angeles Street Sweeper Social Club, led by Boots Riley of The Coup.
- G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam’s Big Sean
- Guerilla Union later said that Lauryn Hill will not be listed on the bill, but Founder/CEO Chang Weisberg did urge fans and rumor mongers to “stay tuned.”
(From Rock The Bells) Guerilla Union, the live events company behind world-class platforms such as Cypress Hill SmokeOut Festival and Paid Dues Independent Hip Hop Festival, has announced the return of the 7th annual ROCK THE BELLS 2010 FESTIVAL SERIES. This year’s ROCK THE BELLS will feature performances from headliners Wu-Tang Clan, Rakim, KRS-One, Slick Rick, and special guest Lauryn Hill, plus an array of seminal hip-hop artists.
The ROCK THE BELLS trek will stop at four major North American markets this summer, kicking off on August 21 at the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino, CA. The tour will continue on to Shoreline Amphitheater in San Francisco on August 22, Governer’s Island in New York on August 28, and will wrap up at Merriweather Pavilion in Washington D.C. on August 29. Visit www.rockthebells.net for ticketing information and the exact lineup per city. Fans are also advised to sign up for the Guerilla Union newsletter for important announcements, pre-sale details and up-to-date information regarding the tour.
A portion of the proceeds will go to Hip Hop For Haiti, a charity established to provide earthquake relief from this year’s tragedy.
Rock The Bells 2010 Lineup: