Memorial Day Quotes, Fond Quotes for Memorial Day
Memorial Day 2010 is upon us, and today is the day we remember those who served in our United States Armed Forces, both present and past. Most importantly, we must remember those who have fallen in combat while serving our country. Those who gave their lives in combat, in the name of the United States of America, are always in my prayers as I thank God for the freedom’s that we have here in the United States.
Here are some great Memorial Day quotes for you to enjoy:
- War is too serious a matter to entrust to military men. -Georges Clemenceau
- Freedom of speech and freedom of action are meaningless without freedom to think. And there is no freedom of thought without doubt. -Bergen Evans
- Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. -Senator Barry Goldwater
- Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. -William Pitt
- Chance has never yet satisfied the hope of a suffering people. Action, self-reliance, the vision of self and the future have been the only means by which the oppressed have seen and realized the light of their own freedom. -Marcus Garvey
- In war, there is no prize for the runner-up. -General Omar Bradley
- So long as there are men there will be wars. -Albert Einstein
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
- The cost of liberty is less than the cost of repression. -Web Dubois
- The purpose of all war is ultimately peace. -Saint Augustine
- And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free, and I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I’ll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today, ‘cuz there ain’t no doubt I love this land, god bless the USA. -Lee Greenwood
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. -John F. Kennedy
- Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background, the countless minor scenes and interiors of the secession war; and it is best they should not. The real war will never get in the books. -Walt Whitman
- As I approach the gates of heaven;
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I’ve served my time in hell. -Mark Anthony Gresswell
- The story of America’s quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots. -Randy Vader
- The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem. -Rev. Aaron Kilbourn
- When we say “War is over if you want it,” we mean that if everyone demanded peace instead of another TV set, we’d have peace. -John Lennon
- Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace. -Martin Luther
- I think that, as life is action and passion, it is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of his time at peril of being judged not to have lived. -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
- Soldier, rest! Thy warfare o’er,
Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking,
Dream of battled fields no more.
Days of danger, nights of waking. -Sir Walter Scott
- The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. -William Havard
I hope you enjoyed these Memorial Day quotes, and please make sure you take time out today to thank someone you know who has served in the United States Armed Forces – or who is serving – is thank them for the freedom that you have today.
In fact, even if you don’t know that person, thank them anyway for their service to their country.
Happy Memorial Day
Leave a Reply