Toshiba is expected to announce a new 10.1 inch Android tablet before, or during, CES which launches on Thursday.
This seems to have everything that the iPad doesn’t, at first glance anyway.
Here’s some of those impressive specs that beat the iPad across the board:
- 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen with 1,280 x 800-resolution (iPad: 1,024 × 768)
- Android Honeycomb
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- Wi-Fi connectivity (no 3G currently planned – perhaps the only negative comparison to the iPad)
- GPS/compass, Bluetooth
- 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
- USB port, miniUSB port, HDMI interface with 1080p HD video output, SD card slot
- replaceable battery
- size: 10.7 x 6.9 x 0.6″, weight: 1.7lbs (iPad: 9.56 x 7.47 x 0.5″ at 1.5/1.6lbs)
The Toshiba tablet has yet to be named… will keep you posted throughout the day today.
Here’s a video of the rumored Toshiba Android tablet:
video from CrunchGear