How To Pre Order iPhone 4, Data Pricing & Upgrade for iPhone 4
Ok – so tomorrow is the day that you can pre-order your iPhone 4. However, the web is filling up quick – as well as AT&T store phone lines – with questions about the details on things like:
- How to pre order the iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 pricing
- Am I eligible for an upgrade
- How much will the iPhone 4 be if I’m not eligible for an upgrade
- What about the cost of the iPhone 4 data package
These are just a few of the main questions that I’m reading out there, and the ones that an AT&T rep told me were the predominant questions being asked right now.
So let me go through these quickly and try to help you out with pre ordering your iPhone 4 tomorrow.
Where to pre order your iPhone 4:
Here is a list of places that I know of where you’ll be able to pre order your iPhone:
Now I don’t know if Wal Mart, Best Buy, and Radio Shack will have the iPhone 4 available to pre order on their websites tomorrow or not – you’ll just have to check.
iPhone 4 Pricing
The iPhone 4 pricing is being subsidized (if you will) by AT&T if and only if you are eligible for an upgrade.
If you are eligible for an upgrade (which means you are at the end of your current contract with AT&T) then your pricing for the iPhone 4 will be:
- $199 – 16GB model
- $299 – 32GB model
If you aren’t eligible for an upgrade, then AT&T will automatically give all iPhone 4 customers the upgrade price for a fee of $18 with a new 2 year contract.
Otherwise, the price for the new iPhone 4 is:
- $599 – 16GB model
- $699 – 32GB model
How to find out if you are eligible for an upgrade at AT&T:
The easiest way to find out if you are eligible for an upgrade with your existing AT&T contract is to dial *639#
Once you dial *639# you’ll receive a text message from AT&T telling you whether or not you are eligible for an upgrade.
iPhone 4 data package and data pricing:
Now the information about the data package is something I’m not 100% sure about all the details because the AT&T rep was getting short with time and had to go – but here’s what I think I got from their answers on the iPhone 4 data package deal.
If you currently have the unlimited data package with your iPhone and you purchase the iPhone 4, then you will be grandfather’d in to your new contract with your existing unlimited data package and the pricing of $30 per month.
If you don’t currently have the unlimited data package for $30 per month, then you’ll be offered the following data packages for your iPhone 4:
- DataPlus. Provides 200 megabytes (MB) of data – for example, enough to send/receive 1,000 emails (no attachments), plus send/receive 150 emails with attachments, plus view 400 Web pages, plus post 50 photos on social media sites, plus watch 20 minutes of streaming video – for just $15 per month.
- DataPro. Provides 2 gigabytes (GB) of data – for example, enough to send/receive 10,000 emails (no attachments), plus send/receive 1,500 emails with attachments, plus view 4,000 Web pages, plus post 500 photos to social media sites, plus watch 200 minutes of streaming video – for $25 per month.
- Tethering. Smartphone customers – including iPhone customers – who choose the DataPro plan have the option to add tethering for an additional $20 per month.
If someone has more information that can be added, then please feel free – we (including myself) would appreciate the input.
Finally, as a added bonus, here’s a video released by AT&T about the upcoming iPhone 4: