Facebook Login Problems Today, (www.facebook.com doesnt exsist)

There are comments coming in to my other Facebook Not Working article about how people are problems logging in to their Facebook profile.

The main problem people have been having today (September 22, 2010) is with their login.

Here’s a message that people are reporting:

www.facebook.com doesnt exsist

Obviously this is a problem because we all know that Facebook does exist, but why the error message?

And the answer… unfortunately I have no idea why you’d be getting this error message.

Someone reported to be getting this message in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I would recommend clearing the cache of both and then rebooting.

So is anyone else experiencing these login problems with Facebook?

59 Responses to “Facebook Login Problems Today, (www.facebook.com doesnt exsist)”

1. Yungstarbeathug

Hmmmm. Too much bandwidth? Hope it gets fixed soon.

• Asteinschreiber

I just got back on an hour ago, but is still messed up. I had a friend post this on my wall.

apparantly a group of hackers have hacked the main system tonight the facebook team are trying to save as much as they can it is advised if facebook do come back and running again you should change password immediatley as reported by the bbc news
      17 minutes ago · Comment · Like

• Mariahoney271

I AM NOT ABLE TO LOG IN TO FACE BOOK IT GIVES THE MESSAGE LOG IN AGAIN REPEATDLY

• GUEST

Both my Facebook & email were HIJACKED yesterday morning (Sept. 29). Hacker changed EVERYTHING including passwords, pictures, names, etc.

2. LeoPortal

1 minute ago

3. lavons.crap@yahoo.com

YES!!!!And today is 9-23! How long is this going to go on!

4. Tuungkorea

yes, and today – september 23

5. Itlnbb63

how much longer!!!!! cant login!!!! =/

6. Idahodramaqueen1

Haven’t been able to get in all day- either get the ‘no connection’ page or the under site maintenance..

7. Shanbethari

i am having problem with accessing apps, like frontierville and petville. i can get to the facebook page through back alleys.

8. Carolinawildlifecare

I’m getting the same message today as well

9. P l

cannot connect today using safari

10. Luluwilson

facebook keeps saayin dns failure whats going on?

• Frustrated!!!

I’m still getting this error today, 9/24!!! This is after hearing on the news that the “problem” has been fixed! Grrrr…

11. Ria_ken

yes dns failure and today is 24th september

• Cmcpherson1

It’s the 23rd here in North America. Let’s hope it doesn’t continue into the 24th!

12. Alejimenes

DNS does not resolve…. :(

13. Cmcpherson1

Yes, am getting error mess. in both firefox & safari, clearly not the servers!

14. Imelda

Yes me too and today as well I even had to call an tech out because I thought it was my computer. What’s going on with facebook.

15. Deadman775

This is the problem i get.

Service Unavailable – DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

• Frusrated!!

Same error message I’m still getting on 9/24 – after it’s been reported the problem is fixed….?!?!?!

16. Itsjessssme

I can’t log in from my computer but its still works on my phone

17. Cathy

I’ve just logged into Facebook so whatever problems its had today they appear to have been fixed! Yahoo! :@

18. Adam Barnard

The problem affects Google Chrome as well. It appears that the DNS does not resolve…

19. Manoj Mahajan

ya true m xperiencing all dis since one week..huh pathetic..

20. Kyalinamomo

same prob,cant log in..

21. Frustrated!!

Today is September 24th and I still cannot log into FB from a computer but can access it through my phone….WTH???

22. Taj_impex

The following message is coming again and again when ever I am trying to log in.

Please review recent activity on your Facebook account
    Your account was recently accessed from a location we’re not familiar with. For your protection, please review your recent activity to make sure no one is using your Facebook account without permission.
    Reviewing your activity takes just a few moments. We’ll start by asking you a couple of questions to confirm that this is your account. (If we recognize your computer, you’ll be able to skip this step.)

23. Danstella

cannot get the list of my FB friends,

24. Gstelnicki

when is this going to end. I need for it to be repaired or for their to be other verification options so I can respond to the following message. please help

There was a suspicious login to your account.

25. Cailinsmith Smith

Mine is still doing it today,yo said we must clear the cache how do i do that,please help me!!!!

26. Cailinsmith Smith

Mine is now of for 4 days…all it says unable to connect. So what do i do???Are you guys working on the problem,its frastraiting!!!Please!

27. Bastion797

My facebook is f**ked up beyond recognition right now and today is October 5th, 2010

28. Upesh_pb24

i am facing the same login problem

29. mergel

i cant llog in.. error

30. TheFamilia

Well Its Happening Right Now Oct 6th.. at 12:53 Am EST..

31. diane

cant get on face book first said wrong password tried to put in new password then kept saying wrong code, dont know whats going on.

32. D2NIK2

from 1 hour facebook isnt been logged in 11 10 10

33. Tanannersanner2

Keeps telling me invalid password,I know it’s right,tried to reset it and it tells me webpage expired!!

34. Nancysnook

I am not recieving fv dollaras on baking life dollars and haven’t been for a long time. What is the reason aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

35. Confused

I have been having that problem for the last two days, I can’t connect from my home pc but I can from the pc at work, cleared caches and rebooted, still haveing problems connecting

36. Mary Hale

I am having the same problem with internet explorer and chrome, my friend tried to login on both browsers and she cant login either. It tells us that the page cannot be displayed. Clearing the cash is the first thing i did. NO help.

37. Coveyte1

Yes, both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I believe it’s a server issue, that there are some technical problems, and the hosts will fix whatever’s broken and get it up and running. I don’t think it’s application, but hardware related.

38. Jimmy111

I’m having problems logging in to facebook and i’ve cleared all temp files and cache but it makes no difference.

39. Coveyte1

I think ‘dns’ stands for Domain Name System. Facebook will get this fixed, as it appears to be server related

40. Heathervestal54

Yes Iam having the same problem

41. Monishbhatt

yess..i cant log-in ma account from past few minutes…
    it was working all proper..nd nw it’z not working d same error..
    i tried clearing all history & cache..but no use.. :( :(

42. Jdgibson

Cache cleared multiple times….computer restarted…still having the same problem….and when able to get logged in…none of the apps will open

43. linds

why can’t I see my facebook page

44. Leviboy562

I can’t logging on facebook! My account got hacked!

45. Brandoncampos6996

I don’t understand what’s going on but this sucks. Its saying I don’t even have a profile!

46. Faithrs82

My daughter’s account was disabled for being “fake.” She has been on FB for over a year, uses her real name, does not post anything inappropriate, does not use applications or play games. Apparently “someone” reported her as being fake. FB did not notify her before deactivating the account and is not responding to emails. It is absolutely unbelievable that they would do this without providing her a chance to respond. If we don’t hear from them soon, I will be deleting my account.

47. Juegos de Mario - tamara

It?s really a cool and helpful piece of information. I?m glad that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

48. jer1041

5 days, no facebook, just get a blank white page. apparently facebook doesn’t give a crap about their problems, and conveniently have no real contact information, beginning to wonder if they’re just censoring certain people for their political posts. In barack Hussein Obama’s new world order, I guess it would be par for the coarse. We all know Zuckerburg kisses his a*s anyway, maybe more.