Droid Phone Coming November 6th
Verizon announced today that they will be releasing the Motorola Droid phone on November 6th.
The Droid phone by Motoroal will be available Nov. 6 for $199.99 with a two-year contract and $100 mail-in rebate.
List of Droid Phone Features
As an Android OS 2.0 (Google’s Android Operating System), here are some of the features you can expect to see:
- large and slim (0.5-inch thick)
- 3.7-inch, 854-by-480 capacitive touch screen
- sliding keyboard
- built-in 5-megapixel camera
- DVD-quality video recording
- Wi-Fi capabilities that are probably unmatched
- makes calls on the Verizon Wireless network
- Google Maps Navigation (still in Beta)
- free, spoken turn-by-turn driving directions
- automatically syncs with Microsoft Exchange
- improved Web browser capabilities
- supports HTML5 and double-tapping to zoom
- Email and contact syncing with multiple accounts, from multiple sources.
- Microsoft Exchange syncing support.
- A combined inbox for multiple email accounts (yay!)
- Quick Connect, which lets you tap on a contact photo and choose to call, SMS or email someone (shown at left).
- Lots of camera provements: flash, digital zoom, scenes, white balance, color effects, and macro mode.
- A better virtual keyboard with better word completion
- Three-point multitouch support
- Browser improvements: visual thumbnail bookmarks, a tappable address bar, double-tap zooming, and HTML5
- Bluetooth 2.1 with peer-to-peer connectivity and Phonebook Access Profile
- Support for different screen sizes
Here’s the CNBC coverage of Android: